Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Does anyone know all of the, gymkhana, horse games?

I was trying to figure out a list but could only find about five to eight games, does anyone know any fun ones?Does anyone know all of the, gymkhana, horse games?
When I first started competing, I was either 5 or 6, and my parents took me to play-days. As I am from Texas, all of the ones that I went to were all western, and most were timed events. I have listed all that I remember that are horse based.



1.) Cloverleaf Barrels



2.) Straight Barrels



3.) Pylon Race



4.) Pole Bending



5.) Flag Race



6.) Baseball Race (Like the Flag Race, but you have to pick up a baseball and toss it into a barrel right before you cross the finish line.)



7.) Stakes or Keyhole Race



8.) Rescue Race (One person stands on a barrel, and the other person has to pick them up, and they ride double back.)



9.) Another one that was done when I was a kid, was a kind of relay race where the dads had to stand in the middle of the arena and the kids had to carry a HUGE pair of panties to them. The dad or mom would then have to put the panties on and run back across the finish line. We all thought that it was hilarious, I am not sure if the parents quite agreed.



10.) I vaguely remember something where everyone rode around the arena like a Western Pleasure class, but we had to carry an egg in a spoon. If you dropped your egg, you were out.Does anyone know all of the, gymkhana, horse games?
OK Here we go-

Barrel Racing

Pole Bending

Key Hole

Flag Race

Figure eight

One where you and a partner hold a rope and run together with it around a barrel

No comments:

Post a Comment