Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What can I do with my friend?? (horse games?)?

so im bringing my friend out to ride with me today and we will be there from like 12 to 5. So what can I all do with her? i planned on grooming the horses for a long time then maybe lunging them and then riding but i wanna do some fun games while riding. what ideas do you have? anything is appreciated! thanks!What can I do with my friend?? (horse games?)?
We play lots of summer games at our barn! My fave is setting up ground poles, two sets of horizontal and one set of vertical. Start at one end of the arena at a trot, trot over the first set of horizontal poles, get to the set of vertical, halt (at X) inbetween the vertical and then take off at a trot over the other set of horizontal poles. The first one to the other end who successfully halted at X (horse should be squared) wins.



Another is get a cup and fill up with water. Hold the cup in one hand and the reins in the other. Practice your walk/trot (and canter if you are to that level). The first one who drops their cup or loses their water loses.



We do a lot of drill team exercises at our barn too, like turns on the haunches and butterflies and clovers, there's so much to do!!!
egg and spoon race, "barrel" racing, dress up contest (its embarrassing, but really fun!) if she has actually ridden and knows how to walk,trot, canter, then you could do some small jumps in a course, or small cross country courses with logs!What can I do with my friend?? (horse games?)?
i do not really know any games but one you trot your horse while holding a spoon with a egg in it can not hold egg just spoon really hard you can see who can do it the longestWhat can I do with my friend?? (horse games?)?
Races, simon says, have a type of command class, egg and spoon, around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment