Thursday, February 9, 2012

;Pat Parelli 7 games? How did your horse respond?

I just recently started playing the 7 games with my 4 year old appaloosa mare. She seems to really be responding well to them. Her behavior has improved, and so has mine.



I was just wondering how your horses responded to the games?;Pat Parelli 7 games? How did your horse respond?
Mine have never had the chance. I do not want my horses to play games, I have no need to teach them that I can wrap them in a tarpaulin they just let me do it anyway.



We have had some very high winds today and as I was leading four TB yearlings to their field when one of the polythene bale wraps took off and wrapped itself around the youngsters legs from behind. Yes, they moved forward a step or two a bit faster but never broke from the walk. It then blew past us and they just looked but kept walking and when it stopped in our pathway they just walked over it.

No games, no time to handle them a lot, just make sure that they behave when I do things to them and that they have every reason to trust me.



Wonder how many of Parelli trained horse would react the same way?
I have to agree with fox hunter on this. If you are at the point where you have to start playing games with your horse to start getting it to respect you, you are doing something wrong. Pat Parelli's stuff is a bunch of hoowie.



Treat your horse like a horse, discipline her when she needs it, be firm and fair, be gentle and quite when you can, and your horse will respect you without you spending a fortune on "carrot-sticks".



*exiting soap box*;Pat Parelli 7 games? How did your horse respond?
look up monty roberts, and watch his videos on youtube. unlike parelli, he isnt all about making money, and his join up techiniques arent "games" it is comunicating with the horse in a way the horse understands it. i read a few books on horse behaviour and natural horsemanship and it all makes sense.

ive never tried any parelli stuff, since you have to pay for any information on his techiniques which defianately shows its all about making money, so im nto entirely sure what they involve. but you cant go wrong with anything suggested by monty roberts, he really does understand horses :);Pat Parelli 7 games? How did your horse respond?
I had done the level 1 stuff a long time ago. It went great.



I just ended up going with other trainers, though.
She turned into a mental mess, I suggest stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment